Here at Integrity Home Pro, we regularly advise our clients that they should thoroughly interview prospective home improvement contractors prior to hiring them. Ideally, you should ask these questions of at least three contractors, as it will help you make a sound choice.
- What is your business history? Ask for proof of business license, workers compensation insurance, liability insurance, and property damage coverage. Also, check with the Better Business Bureau to verify responses.
- Who will be at the work site? How will it be supervised? These questions will help you determine if the home improvement contractor sells the service, and then hires scores of subcontractors.
- Can you give me a timeline? This is important to ask because, you want to know when the job will be started and completed.
- Be sure to ask about guarantees. This will ensure that you leave the table happy and satisfied. A good general rule of thumb is to hold off signing a contract until it includes everything you want, and you understand all of the terms and conditions.
- Be sure that you know exactly what the job will cost. Receiving an estimate alone is not going to cut it if expenses skyrocket after the work is in progress. Know what the bottom line is and what work and materials you will be receiving for that price. Detailed written estimates will help both you and your contractor understand the expectations of the project.
For more information about how Integrity Home Pro can help you select a home improvement contractor that fits your needs, or to schedule a free, no obligation appointment for an estimate on your home improvement project, call us today at 410-721-9577!