Monday, February 3rd, 2014 by Danny Peterson
If you want to opt for a classy and stylish option to keep light and heat out of your home, then wooden plantation shutters is what, you should probably opt for. They can prove as a great addition to a rustic and homely establishment or can be the first step on your way towards recreating your home’s decorative appeal.
Buying plantations shutters is not an easy task. You need to consider several essential factors such as quality of material, cost, type of shutters and what types of joints are used in shutters. A good thing about them is that they are ideal window treatment option to keep away excess sunlight and prevent your home furniture from fading. They have long life and require very less maintenance. There are basically three types of plantation shutters offered in the market:
- Hardwood – This type of window covering option is very popular due to their strength, appeal, maintenance and durability. However, they are expensive and may not be suitable for all types of budgets.
- Vinyl – This type of window covering option is much affordable in terms of cost, when compared to basswood and hardwood shutters. Their variants are not susceptible to wear & tear and they are weather-proof. Change in temperature has no impact on them. The best thing about this type of shutters is that they don’t fade or develop cracks. They require very less maintenance.
- Basswood – This type of window covering option is much affordable and resistive to warp, due to its grain staining properties. It is very easy to install and can be painted in any colour. But it is not resistive to weather conditions and is more susceptible to wear and tear.
Below are some of the useful tips, which will help you to buy the best plantation shutters for your house:
- Always opt to purchase online for your desired shutters, as it can prove economical and also saves much time. There are several online websites that are selling window shutters at much affordable rates, but their quality is unknown to the buyers. Therefore, it is very essential to conduct an online search in order to have a clear idea about which type of window covering option you require, its quality and the budget, you are willing to spend on it.
- If you are concerned about the cost factor, then you can opt for faux wooden shutters. They prove as a lovely custom window treatment options that generally cost less than wooden shutters.
- Check the quality of material. Ensure that you are buying window coverings that are made from the best quality wood.
- The next important thing to be considered is the measurement of your window. Opt for window coverings with measurements that fit your windows in the best way.
- There are two types of wooden plantation shutters – inside mounted and outside mounted. In case, if there is enough space for the shutter to fit perfectly with the wall, then it is better to opt for inside mounted shutters for a much sleek appearance. On the contrary, if there is not enough space for the shutter, then an outside mount is the most suitable option for the same.
Before you proceed to buy window shutters online, be sure to evaluate all the options available in the market. Thus, this will help you to pick the best one for your requirement.
Patrik is working in a shutter making company since many years and he likes to write and post blogs and articles on different topics. He also shares some useful tips on how to choose the best shutters amongst